Health education is critical to improving quality of life.
Quality health education provides guidance for maintaining a healthy lifestyle for ALL individuals. Through competency of key concepts and skills students will become health-literate, effective problem-solvers, self-directed learners, effective communicators, and responsible, productive citizens.
Health Literacy is the capacity of an individual to obtain, interpret, and comprehend basic health information and services and the competence to use such information and services in ways that are health enhancing for the individual, family, and their community.
- Rich, rigorous, and engaging standards-based curriculum.
- Available 24/7 from any Internet-connected device.
- Contemporary content featuring images/graphics, videos, audio and interactive lessons. All content is online; No costly additional textbook.
- Hosted solutions available with certified instructors and certified Health professionals.
- Available for individuals, schools, districts, and programs.
Health literacy- Students will:
- Comprehend concepts and strategies related to health promotion and disease prevention.
- Demonstrate the ability to access and evaluate the validity of health information and health-promoting products and services.
- Demonstrate the ability to practice positive health behaviors and reduce health risks.
- Students will analyze the influence of the media, technology, economy, culture and other factors on health through the use of technological resources.
- Demonstrate individual and interpersonal communication skills necessary to enhance health.
- Demonstrate the ability to advocate personal, family, and community health.